Wednesday, May 8, 2013

O, my wayward heart


I found this post in a word document I had hovering in the land of my mac desktop, which I probably planned to edit and post. Two months since then, it's amazing to see how negativity can slip under my skin. It finds its way into my life by seeking out a teeny crack, a weak spot. Sooner than later, it ends up invading multiple facets, until every thought you think is a negative one - even toward yourself! Negativity can be a very dangerous thing. So I urge you, friends, kill 'em with kindess! Be a positive influence on others, and let not the negative ones elicit a single negative thought in you. Let every good thought drown out the bad. Everyday is a brand new day; it's never too late to take a deep breath, give and show thanks...


The interpersonal theory  \\03.04.2013\\

Developed by Harry Sullivan, the interpersonal theory is based on the interpersonal complimentary system. In other words, personality is shaped almost entirely by the relationships we have with other people.
Positivity elicits positivity. Negativity elicits a similar response. Dominance elicits submissiveness, and vica versa.

I hate negativity. I understand we all have the need to exercise our ability to hate, grieve, and feel emotions of anger and sadness. Trust me – I believe in a good cry. I believe these passions have a place in our lives, and they have their purposes. However, I am not a fan of dwelling in the negativity when there is a choice to choose otherwise.
           
Philippians 4:8 suggests, “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.”

I’m an advocacy of loving all that elicits good. YES, I want to take every opportunity to let goodness reign. YES, that means I want to put down the negativity. Because I believe life is short and there is no point in wasting any of it by choosing to take the dark road. I want to see the sun shine on the world around me and in me. I want it all to be lit up. I want to see it with a smile on my face and warm sunshine on my skin, because I honestly believe that is how God meant for us to enjoy his creations & blessings. I’d rather be burnt by the harsh rays of the sun than rot in the dampness of the dungeons.

“For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

If it keeps me from knowing, revering and rejoicing in the fact that I have eternal life because of my savior, Jesus, I want to eradicate it from my mind, heart, soul.

Call it innocence
Call it naivety
Call it foolishness

But I don’t believe this is so,
For righteousness will win. The truth always wins in the end. I refuse to give any portion of myself to the negativity. There’s no point. I believe it’s sin that keeps me from enjoying God, and I believe the sin lurks in the darkness. I refuse to choose that path.

No comments: