Monday, December 24, 2012

Blessings

I've come to learn something, whether I truly live by &/or remember it or not...

Anything good given to me amounts to absolutely nothing if I hold onto it with my own heart. If I cannot surrender it completely back to God who gives it all, it is useless, meaningless. 

I've realized that this is an idea which addresses a multitude of sins.

May I place every relationship in His hands,
May I be one who praises "Hallelujah" through every circumstance and every situation
May I bring every talent and gift to the alter and lay it down
May my eyes be set on the prize, on my heavenly home
May my hands be not idle, nor restless
May my feet continue to walk forward in faithfulness, especially through the fog
May the Lord God of David, Abraham, Jacob, Paul, the One who created every fiber of my being, be the sole resident in my heart.
When this flesh fails me, may my soul live on, stamped with the name of the Savior, Jesus Christ to enter those heavenly gates.
May He sustain me.
May I walk and not grow weary.
May the foolishness of my pride never muffle the steady voice of truth. 

Got to press on, and remind myself each day: 

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." -1 Peter 2:9

No comments: