Thursday, August 23, 2012

Relatively Healthy Keep-Me-Going Banana Oatmeal Raisin cookies!

This was my first week of nursing school, and boy, was there a lot to take in! It has put my friends and me in a strange, disoriented state; especially going from a Fun-Filled-Worry-Free-Summer mode to Little-Sleep-Crunch-Time-Focus mode in such a short amount of time. 

My response: let it all out in the kitchen and invite some friends over for family dinner night!

I basically took this recipe I saw on Pinterest and put my own twist on it ;)


My recipe [with a funk] calls for...

~1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
~3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
~1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
~1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
~1 tbsp honey
~1 tbsp ground coffee beans / coffee grinds
raisins.

* "~" indicates that the amount was estimated based off....whatever I had and felt like putting in.


-Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
-Mix flour, baking soda, salt in separate bowl
-Mix softened butter with brown & granulated sugar together until well mixed and somewhat fluffy.
     + vanilla, egg
     + previously mixed dry stuff
-Next, put in everything in in this order: banana, honey, oats, coffee

-Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack until golden brown (about 15 minutes).
-Remove from oven, let it cool for a few good minutes
-Eat your feelings away!!!

Some other things on the menu today were...
>>>Stuffed mushrooms [with a twist]<<<
>>>Sweet Potato and Kale Soup [with kick and a tang]<<<
>>>Basil Spaghetti with Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes [naturally, with alterations]<<<

I do apologize for the lack of a photo, butt.... I'm not that hot with a camera anyway. They don't look half as good as they taste.

No comments: