Monday, August 27, 2012

Mosquito bite.

I went to an event in an old house, that was unexpectedly inhabited by some very hungry mosquitoes, with hungry babies to feed, I guess...

Since then, I have had 2 nights of interrupted sleep due to scratching and unbearable itchiness.

>.<      :(     )':    QQ

As I lay in bed last night, asking God for strength not to scratch my swollen welts, I thought of His humor. Somehow I made it all the way through Africa and Asia (Kenya, HK and Taiwan) with barely enough bites to bother me. The irony is that they all came completely unexpected at a bible study in Texas, in the middle of a random West Nile scare.

It's crazy how such a small, little insect can make such a huge impact on my day/week/month. (Such an annoying distraction that even causes a lack of sleep!) Anytime I think of something that is so small to me, I remember how small I am to the Creator. On top of being tiny, I'm also rebellious, disloyal, and so so sinful and disobedient. I think of how annoyed I would be if I created something intended to be good, but turned out to choose the darkness. I guess it's good that I'm not in His position because His love is perfect, unconditional.

Anyway, I don't think I have West Nile, which is pretty good to me. God is good.

1 comment:

Alice Young said...

I got bitten recently too! Remember to use your nails to poke the itchy spot instead of scratching!