Saturday, November 5, 2011

overthinking

..It's never any good. Surely, educational reasoning has led mankind to discover some pretty amazing, scientifically advancing facts and whatnot, but the subject at hand right now cannot be dealt with using educational reasoning.

The next time you are confused about anything that has to do with someone else, TALK TO THEM. This is advice I've been given recently, and it really makes all the sense in the world. Don't talk around it, talk to everyone but them, or just keep everything pent up inside until it festers into something ridiculous.

As a girl, I totally have the tendency to overthink things for what they really aren't. The more I think about something in my head, the more it forms into something it isn't. For example, if someone jokingly (or unjokingly) criticizes/comments on something about me that just "gets" me, I will overthink it to an extent that cannot even be typed out in words. (and trust me, you don't even want to step into the mind of a girl.) ~girls, you know exactly what I mean~

Word of advice for guys: just be steady and let her rampage for a little bit. DFO : don't freak out .

No comments: