Saturday, October 15, 2011

the greatest thing...

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return." -Moulin Rouge

I may love too wholeheartedly, too selflessly, too unconditionally, but at least I will know that I have loved.
So what if it means I may get hurt so much more often because of it?
love isn't about yourself, it's not about what you gain from it personally.
It's about what's best for the other person..


Perhaps the next time around I will know to protect my heart, guard it from all things evil.

Or...Perhaps I need to love even more wholeheartedly, unconditionally and selflessly...
because that's what God did for me. Perhaps to love those who don't know to love is what love is all about.

It's hard to lose something so rare, so precious. But some things just simply aren't meant to be taken out of their original habitat...

He is a bird.
birds were never meant to be caged.
While I may or may not be a bird,
He showed me that I could fly.
Maybe one day in flight, we will cross paths.
Maybe one day, the bird will need a perch.
If not,
...maybe I'll meet a fish who will teach me to swim..? :)

(:) i've got miles of smiles ahead of me

No comments: