Sunday, October 17, 2010

peace of heart




lots of things give me peace at heart...
when i'm on my knees pouring my soul out to Christ
Being surrounded by woods, trees, and nothing but extremely high amounts of OXYGEN
looking at the stars on a cold, chilly night in the middle of nowhere, where there are no city lights to pollute the clear night sky
bonfire
whittling away at a small piece of wood without a care in the world
knowing that no matter how hard i fall or how badly I screw up, Jesus Christ, my Mama & Papa, family, and my good friends (like Cheryl, LK, pdawg & Wangwang) will and are there to pick me up and take me back in.

but something that just happened, just decided, is giving me peace of heart...
almost as if a great weight of emotions: anger, animosity, bitterness, hate, confusion, obsession, agitation, restlessness, jealousy, abuse of a relationship, have all been lifted from my shoulders and left in its path...
resolve
understanding
peace
patience
kindness
enlightenment
courage
gentleness
resolution
friendship

love.


It's a new thing. Although less exciting than the drama drama for yo mama of passion & emotion, it seems to benefit everyone most. (Excluding those who feed off the torment of others...gossipers and drama-lovers)

Relationship titles do add unnecessary pressures, confusions, and VERY unnecessary "freak-out sessions." So... we are trying this new.

I ask of you...
IF you are not of the gossipers and drama-lovers, do me (and my significant other) the favor of giving us a break. Let us try this out without judgment passed, destructive criticism, or corrosive curiosity. If it doesn't make sense to you, that's fine. Maybe check back in in a couple of weeks and then a month and see how everything is doing.

Otherwise...
Let the river run,
Let all the dreamers
Wake the nation...
Come, the new Jerusalem
-Carly Simon