Sunday, July 18, 2010

On my way to skin cancer

I work everyday in the blazing hot sun from 9:00a.m. - 12:15 p.m. After work, I go run errands and take naps in the furnace of my home and the never-ending heat outside. At 3:45, I clock in back to work in the damaging UVA and UVB rays of our sun. I work until sunset, basically, at around 7:45 and sometimes until 8:45 or 9:15 p.m.

I don't burn, which is nice, but is almost aggravating because I never know all the damage being done to my skin until my skin starts to develop random dark spots and peeling in the shower. Anyway, I headed on over to BIG 5 and bought myself a bodyglove rashguard for myself yesterday with Priscilla, so I hope that will help.

Speaking of Priscilla, we had a great time going to Lollicup, Queen of the Valley, Walmart, BIG 5, and MVP yesterday, killing good time :) I love that girl. I really do.

Anyway, I also bought some more sunblock from Walmart yesterday. I'm pretty much a sunblock expert now. Ask me which sunblocks will dry up on your skin, which are sticky, which will turn your skin purple, etc.. etc..

Sun facts:

-Did you know that sunscreen absorbs UV rays whereas sunblock actually reflects the UV rays?
-Did you know that water magnifies the affects of the sun's harsh rays ?
-Did you know on a gloomy day you can still get sunburned? Just because the clouds block the sun, doesn't mean the UV rays are blocked.
-Did you know that sometimes UV rays can get through your CLOTHES!? and some rashguards only protect you against UVA but not UVB rays?
-If you constantly tan & are in the sun when you're young, it can cause WRINKLY SKIN when you're older? (sorry, Bradley =/)
-For some skin types, the sun causes pimples! (i have some on my shoulders. gross, i know..)

No comments: