Wednesday, February 3, 2010

jipped!

It does not make me feel so swell when I go somewhere for a particular service (like getting my eyebrows threaded or my nails done) and they overcharge you initially just to see whether you would pay the higher price or not. Kind of sucks.
Like once, I went to get a small henna tattoo that would usually cost anywhere between 2 and 5 bucks, but I was charged $23!!! TWENTY THREE dollars to have a little mud smeared on my skin. Afterward, I had a talk with my Indian friend, Parth, who told me Indians are cheap and they will try to jip you of your money. that's a fade.

This college thing is sort of confusing. What do I do with the FAFSA after I've turned it in?
I hate that there is a time difference in Waco, Texas. If I want to call financial aid, they close at 5, which is our 3, which means I have to call RIGHT after school, which does not work out for me as I have track practice to attend to. On top of that, offices are not opened weekends! I feel like there is nothing to do, yet I feel as if deadlines are flying past me that I need to take care of. At the same time, now that I've received acceptances, I've gotten rather lazy and a little too comfortable.

First track meet of the "season" February 13th at Diamond Bar High School in the daylight morning hour of 8 o'clock a.m. I am STOKED. Nervous that I might not improve in the height I vault, but ecstatic that I can have a little competition still, though. We'll see how things turn out. (: Can't wait, though! My boo boo and my friends are coming to watch YAY!!

No comments: