Tuesday, September 19, 2017

"When there is real weakness, especially of the kind that surprises and humiliates us, it is our opportunity to learn what Paul had to learn through his 'thorn': the grace of God is all we need, for '...power comes to its full strength in weakness...'" -Elizabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity

Do I have a spirit that bears the fruit of lowliness, humility, gentleness, patience, ultimately love? (Eph. 4:2, Gal 5:22, 1 Cor 13)

No, I don't. but O Lord, I want to!

Teach me to die to myself to the parts that give way to the nature of sin in my flesh, the Spirit of the Age, to evil thoughts and self-centered deeds.

You paid for me not with silver or gold, but with the priceless blood of your Son. How can I, in response, give you anything but every facet of my life and being? Take my heart, my life, and shape me, Great Potter.

No comments: