Saturday, November 12, 2011

11/11/11!


I know it's a day later, but I have been looking forward to this day ever since I could remember.
Maybe it's because I say a prayer every time the clock reads "12:34" or "11:11,"
Maybe it's because I like the way it looks

But most of all, I guess i've just always expected the moment to be something EPIC. I wanted to be doing something crazy 'cause it was goign to be a moment I'd remember FOREVER, so that when my kids ask me "hey, mom, what were you doing on 11/11/11 at 11:11?" i could answer with something especially interesting.

One thing I knew for sure was that the people/person I was with at the time would be special.

Reality kinda sucks sometimes...

It literally came and went...Definitely topped my "Most anti-climatic moments" list when the time came and nobody cared.
I don't know what my anticipation was for..
I don't know why I expected any special occurrence.

Maybe I thought the sky would light up and skittles would fall from the heavens.
Maybe I expected animals to start talking all of a sudden for a split minute
Maybe I thought my future self would come visit me and do something amazing, screwing up the time-space continuum!
Maybe I expected Prince Charming to come sweep me off my feet and onto his white stallion unicorn, and we'd ride away off into the night
or Maybe I simply expected a promise to be fulfilled...


...whatevs... I'm glad I spent my 3 (1:11, 11:11am, 11:11pm) epic moments with my people.

No comments: